Reimagining Money in a Digital World
We are a venture capital firm who partners with founders with vision and persistence – founders with a desire to reshape markets.
Our DNA is global, ambitious, and entrepreneurial. We roll up our sleeves to collaborate with, connect, and support founders as they navigate both the strategic imperatives and the operational details of building an exceptional company.
MoneyLion is building a digital bank for middle America. Although the US economy has objectively recovered from the Great Financial Crisis, between 70-140 million Americans still remain just $500 away from experiencing a personal financial crisis.
Anyfin is building the digital consumer finance platform for all Europeans. Initially launching in the Nordics, where four large banks control more than 80% of financial assets in their respective country and consumers lack individualistic loan pricing and robust financial management alternatives.
Flutterwave is building the digital payments rail for Africa. In 2019, Flutterwave processed 107m transactions worth $5.4b across 10 countries in Africa serving 86k merchants.
The potential is uncapped for the combined Quovo and Plaid team, particularly when you look at companies like Visa and MasterCard at over $500b in combined market capitalization. The next generation of financial leaders is just being born.
As the broader market continues to search for a practical example of the blockchain being used, 2019 is staged to deliver real-world applications of Axoni’s digital ledger infrastructure “Ax-Core” across trillions of dollars in assets and with some of the worlds most-institutional institutions.
Articles / Newsletters
Delivered every Saturday, the weekly newsletter, produced by our team, provides a tightly edited rundown of global fintech news, along with a bit of our original analysis.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter
- Apr 03, 2021 Joe’s Startup Nation A big and heavy lift’: Biden plans infrastructure spending spree.
- Mar 27, 2021 Pls Fix Work-Life Balance Wall Street firms are showering junior bankers with special bonuses and perks as burnout mounts.
- Mar 22, 2021 FinTech Collective: The Mexico Cohort Within the vast constellation of emerging markets, FinTech Collective’s thesis
- Mar 20, 2021 How Much Does It Cost To Pay? Visa and Mastercard will delay merchant fee hikes another year amid ongoing pandemic.
- Mar 10, 2021 Flutterwave Raises $170m Series C led by Tiger Global and Avenir Growth FinTech Collective portfolio company Flutterwave raises $170m Series C
- Mar 08, 2021 NYDIG Raises $200m from Strategic Partners Congratulations to portfolio company, NYDIG, for raising $200m in a growth capital round led by strategic partners
- Mar 03, 2021 FinTech Collective Leads minu Series-A Round We are excited to announce that we have led the $14 million Series A round in Mexican startup, minu.
- Feb 12, 2021 MoneyLion To Go Public Via SPAC We are pleased to share that FinTech Collective portfolio company MoneyLion has entered into a definitive merger agreem…
- Dec 17, 2020 DeFi: A conversation with Sean Lippel on Decentralized Finance FinTech Collective has been actively investing in the blockchain space since 2013, and has 9 portfolio companies that t…
- Apr 07, 2020 The $80 Trillion Fintech Conundrum FinTech Collective and Goldman Sachs recently hosted a conference, bringing together the brightest minds in asset manag…