FinTech Collective is an early stage venture capital firm, based in New York City, and invests globally in entrepreneurs with a hunger to reimagine how money flows through the world. The firm was founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneurs with exits in capital markets, payments and enterprise AI. Since inception, FinTech Collective has invested in 30 portfolio companies including Axoni, Dharma Protocol, Embroker, MoneyLion, and Vestwell. Exits include Quovo, acquired by Plaid; Openfolio, acquired by Stone Ridge Asset Management; and Reorg, acquired by Warburg Pincus. The firm is currently investing out of its second fund, a $100m fund with a focus on capital markets, wealth and asset management, banking-lending-payments, and insurance. The firm actively invests in decentralized finance (“defi”) opportunities across these segments.
FinTech Collective is seeking an Associate to join its team and help build a leading early stage venture capital firm. This is an opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment with individuals, who are passionate about finding and collaborating with talented entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into reality. Individuals who would thrive in our environment demonstrate a strong work ethic, self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, emotional intelligence and humility. They also take their work seriously but know how to have fun along the way.
The Associate will be an integral member of the investment team and will work on the full lifecycle of an investment from evaluating opportunities, conducting diligence, closing transactions and working with portfolio companies. The Associate will also work closely with members of the team to manage deal sourcing and pipeline, portfolio data and valuation, and investor requests. Lastly, the Associate will serve as a representative of the firm in the venture community.
The Associate’s responsibilities will broadly include:
- Review and screen prospective investment opportunities, including meeting with entrepreneurs
- Work closely with the investment team to assist in conducting diligence on investment opportunities
- Assist in deal negotiations, legal documentation and closing of transactions
- Assist in the preparation and presentation to the firm’s Investment Committee
- Assist in portfolio management including working with portfolio companies where needed, tracking operational and financial performance, and assisting in quarterly valuations
- Build a network within the venture / startup ecosystem
- Assist in preparing marketing materials and responding to investor requests
- Support the editorial and publishing process of the firm’s weekly newsletter, which has over 10,000 subscribers globally
- 2-4 years of work experience ideally at an investment bank, consulting firm, PE/VC firm and/or startup
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong financial analysis skills including modeling and the ability to understand key drivers / assumptions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and humility
- Self-starting, ambitious and a diligent work ethic
- Track record of demonstrating strong performance, commitment and leadership in previous endeavors
- Has worked on fun, interesting, possibly quirky side projects involving technology
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Taena Kim at email@example.com. The cover letter should be brief, highlighting why you are interested in venture, startups, and fintech, and may include links to content published that demonstrates passion for entrepreneurship and investing.